Powerstroke Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10k Resistor Mod

2 posters

Go down

10k Resistor Mod Empty 10k Resistor Mod

Post  Admin Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:44 pm

Alright I want to get this forum started so here is the first mod I would personally recommend if you're looking for a little more hp and throttle response. It is called the 10k mod and it is super cheap. Will post pics in the morning.
Instructions:
Package of 10k resistors from Radio Shack
Flathead Screw Driver
These instructions and your brain LOL
Step 1-
First thing you are going to do is pop the hood and locate the ICP (injector control pressure) sensor. Next you are going to pop the sensor out (this may or may not require using the flathead screw driver).
Step 2-
Take one of the resistors out of the pack. Next look at the ICP sensor, now if you have any imagination at all it will look somewhat like this silent
There should be 2 holes on top and one on bottom. Take one end of the resistor and place it in the top right hole and take the other end and insert it into the bottom hole (mouth of the face).
Step 3-
This is kind of the tricky part... make sure that each end of the resistor is inserted into the holes about a quarter of an inch and bend the resistor down so if the ends were taken out of the sensor they would resemble fish hooks.
Step 4-
Place the male end of the sensor back into the female end and your done.
This mod is great but one thing I will say is please do not run the piss out of your truck all of the time with this mod or it will become rough on the tranny. A lot of people wonder if it will still work with a chip... absolutely I've stacked this mod on a Superchip and TS and both had impressive results. Another note is this... the lower the number of the resistor the more lope, throttle response and hp gains. I am currently running a 4.7k and it's perfect. Slight lope and gives me perfect throttle response for my TS chip. If you have any questions please ask.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://powerstrokefans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

10k Resistor Mod Empty Re: 10k Resistor Mod

Post  6.0stroker Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:00 am

Nice post man, I need to find a few cheap mods like this for the 6.0
6.0stroker
6.0stroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:01 am

Thanks man, just trying to draw people to the site with some cheap horsepower LOL
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://powerstrokefans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  6.0stroker Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:20 am

Good idea lol
6.0stroker
6.0stroker

Back to top Go down