Powerstroke Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foil Delete Mod

2 posters

Go down

Foil Delete Mod Empty Foil Delete Mod

Post  Admin Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:55 pm

I'm working on getting the foil delete mod done to my truck right now, but do to rain it's taking a little longer. Basically what this mod does is make your engine bay beautiful and you can also here the turbo whistle a LOT better. You are taking the foil of of the driver's side intercooler pipe and if you desire you can take both the driver's side and the passenger's side pipes off and clean and paint them. I'll have the instructions posted in a little while but for now here are the required materials

• 7/16 socket and ratchet as well as a flathead screwdriver.

• Solvent, paint stripper or anything that will eat adhesive and resins. I am personally using acetone.

• Engine paint of your choice... high heat paint (if you desire to paint them)

• Sand paper or anything to smooth the finish on the pipes

Alright first thing you are going to want to do is remove your air filter/intake along with the tube leading to the turbo. What this does is makes it easier to access the driver's side pipe. Next loosen one of the clamps on each of the boots holding the intercooler pipe in place. There will be one up top by the spyder and one down low kindof below the battery. Once you do that, take out the pipe. Repeat this process on the passenger's side pipe. Once you get them out take the one with the foil and take the foil off of it. You should then have all kinds of sticky residue and S###. Soak the pipe in whatever you got... acetone, solvent, for thirty minutes. Remove after thirty minutes and use whatever you need to to scrape that stuff off and smooth the finish on the pipe. If you have the other one out go ahead and clean it up as well. Once you've done this either put them back in or paint them and then put them back in. If you decide to paint them be extremely careful when putting these back in because they will scratch. If you have question please ask.

Before:
Foil Delete Mod Photo11

After: The pipes are dirty from me touching them and they also have a few dings, just clean them with Goo Gone and CAREFULLY touch up the scratches.
Foil Delete Mod IMG_0008
Foil Delete Mod IMG_4085
Foil Delete Mod IMG_5698

So after yesterday's install the more I looked at the scratches and dings the more it bugged me. So... today I took them out and re-painted them as well as went ahead and took out the Y-pipe (Spyder) and painted it. I also painted my intake tube. When you are putting these in especially the one on the passenger side be extremely careful or you will scratch the paint. Here is how it sits right now.
Foil Delete Mod Photo13
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://powerstrokefans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Foil Delete Mod Empty Re: Foil Delete Mod

Post  6.0stroker Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:54 pm

That looks good man, I need to work on mine, its boring under the hood lol
6.0stroker
6.0stroker

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:03 am

Ya, I was pretty impressed with how it looked so I just started painting all kinds of stuff. Looks like a whole new engine bay lol. Pulled the dash and trim out today and in the process of painting it. I'll post up some pics hopefully tomorrow
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://powerstrokefans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  6.0stroker Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:24 am

Yea man it looks a lot better. I need to do mine lol
6.0stroker
6.0stroker

Back to top Go down